over Ethernet (PoE) Midspans connect to an existing Ethernet
infrastructure via standard Category 5/5e/6 cabling, thus
enabling the upgrade of the network to PoE while keeping the
existing switch. An external splitter may be installed where an
end terminal is not standard-compliant.
• Remote Power Feeding – The PowerDsine 6548 eliminates
the need for external power supply and its associated AC/DC
power cabling, thus providing a highly cost-effective, safe and
reliable means for remote powering of Voice over IP phones
and other IP devices in the enterprise.
• Compact Size – The standard 19-inch, 1U high PoE Midspan
doubles the existing port density while occupying minimal
space in the wiring closet. It offers a unique mechanical design
to allow the support of 48 powered devices simultaneously.
• Centralized Power Distribution – The PowerDsine 6548
provides a cost-effective way to distribute power and ensure
uninterrupted operation of the network during electrical power
failure, when connected with a central UPS.
• Standard Compliance – PowerDsine 6548 PoE Midspans are
fully compatible with the IEEE 802.3af standard, providing
safe power to remote terminals, both to standard and prestandard ones.
• Easy to Install – The PowerDsine 6548 is a plug-and-play
product, which minimizes the disruption to the working place.
Once turned on, it automatically detects all PoE terminals and
supplies power over the Ethernet infrastructure.
• Concise LED Displays – The PowerDsine 6548 has a per-port
LED indication. It offers real-time network monitoring through
the front panel and indicates normal, overload or short-circuit
• Power Management – PowerDsine 6548 PoE Midspans have
an advanced power management algorithm which controls the
output power per port in the event of limited available power,
and saves costs by improving the cooling and UPS sizing
considerations at the communication room.
• Remote Management – The PowerDsine 6548 offers new
advanced remote management capabilities including power
enable/disable per-port. It has a built-in web server to enable
remote monitoring over a local area network using web browser.
2.75 A @ 240 Vac
(H)4.4 cm x (W)43.8 cm x (D)30.2 cm
EIA 568A and 568B
(RJ-45-to-DB9 cable adapter for PC connections is included in
each 6548/AC/M unit)
Environmental Operating Ambient Temperature:
• High port density in 19“ rack mountable,
• Safe and cost-effective power distribution
• Fully IEEE 802.3af standard-compliant
• Automatic detection and protection of legacy
• Web browsing and SNMP MIB support – optiona
Description of Features
• Keep the Existing Infrastructure – PowerDsine 6548 Power